Primary Muscle Group(s): Back
|Secondary Muscle Group(s): Shoulders (Rear) and Biceps
1. Keep your feet firmly planted on the platform and bend forward at the hips keeping your back flat and knees bent.
2. Grasp the lever/T-bar with both hands.
3. Keep your head as high as possible and keep your torso parallel to the floor.
4. Fully extend your arms.
5. Pull the lever/T-bar until it touches your chest remembering to keep your torso parallel to the ground.
6. Slowly lower the lever/bar until your arms straight. Repeat movement.
Like barbell bent over rows, the T bar row is a pure mass builder. This variation of the bent over row adds new angles and dimensions to this traditional movement making it an exciting and challenging exercise.
The main area exercised is the mid back and this exercise will help to strengthen and add thickness to this area.
Classified as a compound movement, secondary muscles include the rear shoulders (deltoids), and the biceps.
Most modern gyms will have T bar rowing stations. However, if you don't have one, try sticking one end of your bar into a corner and use a close grip chin up bar under the actual bar.
Press play to view an instructional video.
- Lose 25 to 40 pounds in 3 months!
- Gain 35% to 60% more strength in 3 months!
- Lose stomach fat and build abs!
- Build muscle and get super fit!
- Any age!
Spots are filling up fast for my private coaching program!!
As the owner of Building Muscle 101, I am committed to providing you the best practical weight training advice. I've been training for over 24 years (and still train to this day!) and the advice and guidance I provide comes directly from my experience and knowledge.
Home > Exercise Database > Back Exercises