Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This is a super easy breakfast to make and the taste is fantastic. It's packed with high quality carbs and protein.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (Old El Paso)
- 100 g egg whites
- 1 oz low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup sliced and diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced and diced onions
- ½ cup red pepper trimmed and diced
- 1 cup orange juice
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pepper, and cottage cheese. Set aside. Place tortillas in a warm oven. Lightly coat a medium saucepan with Pam and place over medium high heat and heat until hot.
Saute mushrooms, onions, and red pepper until soft. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cook until firm. Place egg and vegetable mixture over the egg and vegetable down the centre of each warm tortilla. Roll, than top with cheese and salsa. Serve immediately with orange juice.
- 606 calories
- 39 grams of protein
- 81 grams of carbohydrates
- 14 grams of fat
Diet and Nutrition