When you consider the obesity statistics throughout the Western world, it is no wonder that people the world over are searching for the one ‘wonder pill’ that will help them eliminate fat, shed the unwanted pounds and bring back the vestiges of their lost youth. The diet industry and the infomercial people know this…which is why these industries are as big as they are.
But the problem with the fad pills is that they don’t work. Routinely you will hear announcements from the Food and Drug Administration ordering some supplement off the market because of unhealthy side effects.
So rather than taking a pill, I wanted to talk to you about natural weight loss supplements that aren’t pills, but just steps you can take to lose weight and most importantly keep it off…
And the one I want to highlight in this article is in my opinion the best weight loss supplement in the world, and you can get it for free…WATER! That’s right, I said water. And here is why I say it is the best weight loss supplement in the world.
• If your stomach is filled with water, then you cannot be hungry. And if you aren’t hungry then you aren’t consuming calories.
• Water is also zero calories. Your body needs copious amounts of it in order to function properly [right now you are made up of approximately 60%-70% water]. And this means if you were to stay away from alcohol and sugary drinks you could save hundreds of calories a day.
• Water is a natural metabolism booster. Studies highlighted in Men’s Health magazine have shown that drinking 16 ounces of water immediately after waking up can lead to a 15% metabolic boost for up to 90 minutes.
• Most importantly, another study showed that by drinking 16 ounces of water before a meal, you end up consuming 15% fewer calories at that meal.
It is absolutely astounding how much water can benefit the weight loss process. Let me show you how you can use the above facts to further your weight loss goals…
Suppose you were to make the following changes to your life, and here I am only talking about making two changes:
• Dropping the alcohol and sugary drinks and drinking water exclusively.
• Drinking 16 ounces of water before every meal.
How would these two changes help you? Here’s how…Think for a moment of the number of juices, milk, beers, lattes, cappuccinos and sodas you drink during the day. If you were to switch to water, how many calories would you save a day? 300? 500? I think that 300 would be a minimum savings for most people. After all, go to Starbucks and you are probably drinking at least 400 calories a day there, but for the sake of argument, let’s call it 300 calories a day savings here.
Now, let’s add the second part, drinking water before every meal so that you consume 15% fewer calories that day. How many calories do you save there? With the average person consuming 2,000-2,500 calories a day we are looking at, again, a savings of 300 calories a day at least.
So we have just saved 600 calories a day. What does this translate to? 18,000 calories a month. And when you figure that it takes 3,500 calories to burn one pound of fat, we are talking about losing 5 pounds of fat a month, just by drinking water!
This is 60 pounds a year!
So, forget the pills, potions and powders. Not only will they empty your wallet but many are unsafe for you. Stick with the most-natural of weight loss supplements that are free, all-natural and will enable you to lose the weight you are looking to…water!
About The Author:
Tony Rovere regained his health, strength and vitality by losing 60 pounds and managing to keep it off for over 4 years.
This is why he created Health-and-weight-loss-tips.com, where he shares his passion for health and fitness with others so that they can accomplish the same goals that he has achieved.
As the owner of Building Muscle 101, I am committed to providing you the best practical weight training advice. I've been training for over 24 years (and still train to this day!) and the advice and guidance I provide comes directly from my experience and knowledge.
Home > Supplements HQ > Supplement Articles