Primary Muscle Group(s): Chest (Pectorals)
|Secondary Muscle Group(s): Shoulders (Front) and Triceps
1. Grab one handle with your left hand and than move over and grab the other handle with your right hand.
2. Stand in the centre and slightly bend your body forward.
3. Bend your arms slightly at the elbow and bring your hands together in front of your chest or hips. Whatever feels more comfortable.
4. Try to concentrate the action on the chest area.
5. Once you get to the bottom of the movement, it is very important for you to squeeze the handles together and hold for a half second.
Cable cross overs are primarily used as an isolation exercise. That is, this exercise directly targets the chest area for stimulation. Althouth the front shoulders and triceps are used, they are not used to the extent as the bench press does.
The sole purpose of this exercise is the squeeze the chest muscles together and contract as hard as possible. Therefore, perfect form must be used if you are to get the most from this exercise.
Try and keep constant tension on the chest muscles and really squeeze at the bottom portion of this movement.
Press play to view an instructional video on how to properly perform the cable cross over.
- Lose 25 to 40 pounds in 3 months!
- Gain 35% to 60% more strength in 3 months!
- Lose stomach fat and build abs!
- Build muscle and get super fit!
- Any age!
Spots are filling up fast for my private coaching program!!
As the owner of Building Muscle 101, I am committed to providing you the best practical weight training advice. I've been training for over 24 years (and still train to this day!) and the advice and guidance I provide comes directly from my experience and knowledge.
Home > Exercise Database > Chest Exercises