I'm guessing you’re here because you want to know what you have to eat in order to build some serious muscle mass. You might want to gain muscle mass for a specific sport but you might just want to look like you have some muscle size.
Special Report! How To Build Muscle and Burn Fat...FAST!!
This FREE report will explain how to burn fat and build muscle in the FASTEST way possible. This is report will show you HOW to build a muscle building and fat burning plan that allows you to reach your goals in the fastest manner possible! This report is top SECRET and the information in this report is not widely shared among the professionals...Get FREE access today!! Click here to get the report.
I can’t say I blame you because a well muscled body speaks volumes about you as a person without you even having to say a word.
Let me ask you a question, have you ever been at the mall and you’ve seen someone walk by you who has a lot of muscle mass?
Whether you like it or not, there was a reaction. It doesn’t matter if you’re a guy or a gal, you did a second take, and it was a look of admiration. That’s what a healthy, well muscled body does, it exudes confidence and health.
Now, I’m going to assume you’re either weight training or strongly thinking of weight training. What you want to do now is find out what you need to be eating in order to start building some muscle size. Well, I’m going to tell you. First off, let me say that this isn’t rocket science and you don’t need a degree in nutrition to understand what you need to eat in order to build muscle. Actually, it’s quite simple and it all falls back on common sense.
Let’s get started.
I’m not going to get into protein, carbohydrates, and all that other stuff you read about in the health and muscle magazines. You can read all about that stuff at this page here.
The very first thing you have to understand is this:
Smart weight training + Common sense eating + Rest = Muscle Size
This is the fundamental equation to building huge muscles. Understand this and you’ll be well on your way to building a “two take” body of your own. I’m going to leave out weight training and rest for the purpose of this discussion. You can read about these two topics here:
Did you notice I said common sense eating? When I say common sense, I mean a balanced diet. Just like what your mom used to serve you (Or still does), you have a portion of protein, a portion of fat, and a mixed portion of fibrous and starchy carbohydrates. Here’s an example:
• Protein source - 1 Chicken breast;
• Fat - From chicken;
• Fibrous carbohydrate - 3/4 Broccoli;
• Starchy carbohydrate - 1/4 cup of cooked long grain brown rice
As you can see, this is nothing fancy but ultimately, this is a true muscle building meal. There is a portion of each of the main foods you need to build muscle mass. Not too much protein, nor fats or carbohydrates. It’s up to you how you want to prepare this but remember to keep the foundation of this meal constant. Keep sauces and other high fat sides to a minimum.
Alright, this is what you need to do, and eat if you want to build muscle size:
• Eat every two hours. Plain and simple, you need to keep shovelling food into your body on a consistent and constant basis. As you get into a heavy duty weight training program, your body will constantly crave whole foods so the more calorie dense foods you get into your system the better. Remember, the meals don’t need to be huge, just eat some protein, carbs, and fat and nothing unhealthy. An apple, a glass of milk and some nuts is a fine snack in the morning or mid afternoon. No fast food or anything packaged. A protein drink will count as a small meal.
• Eat a big breakfast of complex and simple carbohydrates. Once you get up, your body is in starvation mode and will actually soak up anything you put into it. What you want to do is kick start your bodies muscle building machine but giving it some simple and complex carbohydrates. Also include some protein. An example of this kind of meal is in the menus section located at the bottom of this page.
• Always eat whole foods. I can say this from personal experience. Once you start to get into the habit of eating whole foods, your body will start to feel and look different. Your workouts will improve and you’ll start to feel leaner and bigger. I’ve found that once I gobble down a Mcdonald’s combo, my whole body feels like crap. I’ll feel bloated, tired, and cranky. Stay away from junk food and start eating whole foods and you’ll start to get strong and build some serious muscle mass.
• The only times you should be consuming simple carbohydrates are first thing in the morning and immediately after your workouts. Simple carbohydrates are basically sugar. Fruit juices, dextrose, and honey are good sources. However, don’t make it a habit of having these kinds of carbohydrates with each meal.
• This goes without saying - Have a big muscle building drink immediately after weight training. You should be having 40 to 50 grams of whey protein, 50 to 80 grams of simple carbohydrates such as dextrose or honey, and maybe 10 grams of fat.
• Follow this drink up with a full muscle building meal about one hour later. Don’t wait too long. An hour to an hour and a half is when you want to gobble down another meal. Trust me, this works and will get your muscles on the road to recovery.
• Make water your buddy. Have at least 8 to 12 glasses of water on a daily basis. I’m not going to get into it here so you can read all about the positive effects of water here.
• You really don’t have to start watching how much protein, carbohydrates, or fat you need to be consuming each day - This will come later. However, just remember to eat 5 to 7 small meals per day, made with whole foods and in a balanced portion and you’ll start building muscle mass.
• You don’t need supplements. If you follow the advice listed here, you will start to grow immediately. However, if you really want to start using supplements, go to this page here because it will list muscle building supplements and how to use them.
Ok, this is all you need to know when it comes to eating to build muscle size. Of course, there’s more to it but in a nutshell this is all you need to do. Follow the above noted advice and your going to start lifting more weight, adding more muscle size, and getting the stares from the ladies.
To see an example of a muscle building eating schedule, see this page here.
Need to gain 10 pounds of muscle and get ripped FAST?
Kyle Leon has helped thousands of people just like you get big, lean and ripped in a short period of time. He offers a 9 week muscle building / get ripped system that I highly recommend. I've purchased and used his system and it is one of the better systems out there. Here's why it works - It uses your own body type to create a truly unique muscle building system. The system uses:
To produce a 9 week muscle building course that includes a weight training program and custom nutrition system. I've actually purchased and used the program myself. You can read my review of this program at:
Also check out his video and he explains the 3 things that you MUST avoid if you want to build muscle and get ripped. Check it out here.
All the best,