Treadmills are great for cardiovascular fitness and toning/building your thighs. Here are just some of the treadmill benefits you can excpect to recieve while regularly exercising on a treadmill:
- Safety. Treadmills provide a safe environment for an individual to enjoy a nice leisurely walk or jog without having to worry about dogs, cars, bikes or mean people
- Provides a range of customized programs. Advanced treadmills come with built in training programs that can be fully customized. You can program your treadmill according to what your physical needs are
- Heart rate monitors. Advanced treadmills come with heart rate monitors making your workouts more effective and scientific
- Shock absorbent. A lot of the newer treadmills are more forgiving on the knees and joints than cement or concrete
- Exercise feedback. A quality treadmill will tell you how many calories you've burned, how far you've travelled and how fast you're jogging
- Workout variety. A treadmill has plenty of variety for just about everyone out there. The treadmill has what you want and when you want it
On average, if you were to use the treadmill, you'd burn about 17 calories per minute. Let's say you worked out on the treadmill for 35 minutes, you'd burn about 595 calories. Of course, this all depends on the amount of work you put into the exercise, but all things being equal, this is what you can expect to burn.
Out of all the exercise machines used to burn fat and improve cardiovascular fitness, the treadmill burns calories at the highest rate.
For you runners out there, if you want to mimic the feeling of a good run out on the road, try raising the incline of the treadmill to 1% before starting your run. This is the degree of elevation that most closely approximates out door running.
You can't go wrong with a treadmill.
All the best,