Primary Muscle Group(s): Back
|Secondary Muscle Group(s): Shoulders (Rear) and Biceps
1. Keep your feet firmly planted on the platform and bend forward at the hips keeping your back flat and knees bent.
2. Grasp the lever/T-bar with both hands.
3. Keep your head as high as possible and keep your torso parallel to the floor.
4. Fully extend your arms.
5. Pull the lever/T-bar until it touches your chest remembering to keep your torso parallel to the ground.
6. Slowly lower the lever/bar until your arms straight. Repeat movement.
Like barbell bent over rows, the T bar row is a pure mass builder. This variation of the bent over row adds new angles and dimensions to this traditional movement making it an exciting and challenging exercise.
The main area exercised is the mid back and this exercise will help to strengthen and add thickness to this area.
Classified as a compound movement, secondary muscles include the rear shoulders (deltoids), and the biceps.
Most modern gyms will have T bar rowing stations. However, if you don't have one, try sticking one end of your bar into a corner and use a close grip chin up bar under the actual bar.
Press play to view an instructional video.
Let me review your program! Find out more here