MEXICAN BREAK FAST SCRAMBLE
The following recipe has been reprinted with the permission from Dave Ruel, "The Anabolic Cook". This is one of my favourite breakfast recipes because it's easy to cook, super high in protein and simply delicous. In all, this recipe takes 10 minutes to make and contains over 50 grams of protein in one serving.
The following recipe makes 1 serving
• 6 egg whites
• 2 eggs (with yolk)
• ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
• 2 slices turkey bacon
• ¼ cup chopped onion
• ¼ cup salsa
1. Cook and crumble the turkey bacon
2. Place the cottage cheese in a tea strainer and allow it to drain excess liquid.
3. Blend the eggs and egg whites, then add in the cottage cheese.
4. Scramble this in a sprayed pan until it starts to set. Add in the crumbled bacon
and stir in the parsley. Add a spoonful of salsa and keep stirring.
5. Put on a serving plate and put the rest of the salsa on the top as a garnish.
Sprinkle with more cilantro (or green onion) if you wish.
If you want to add a little more calories to this breakfast, try having with two slices of whole wheat bread and one glass of 1% milk.
I strongly suggest you go and purchase Dave Ruel's Cookbook entitled "Anabolic Cooking". There are over 200 muscle building recipes with calorie specific menus (1,200 up to 5,000). All you have to do is pick a plan, pick the recipes and prepare the meals. I personally use this cook book and it has become a staple of my meals. You can read my review of this cookbook here.
Check out Dave's cook book here.
All the best,