The Flat Bench Dumbbell Fly
Illustration And Description
The flat bench dumbbell fly is a great isolation exercise for the chest. This exercise is meant to stimulate the entire region of the chest and to pump blood into the area.
Position for the flat bench dumbbell press
1. While seated on the edge of a flat bench, grasp two dumbbells in an overhand grip.
2. Rest the dumbbells in an upright position on the edge of your knees.
3. Carefully lie on the flat bench, bringing the dumbbells to the sides of your torso at chest level. Make sure to bring the dumbbells up simultaneously. Feet should be planted firmly on the floor.
4. Slowly adjust the dumbbells with your arms fully extended at right angles to the floor. Press the weight up to the locked position. The dumbbells should be held directly over your chest area, slightly touching each other with palms facing inward.
5. Elbows must remain flexed throughout the entire movement.
Execution of the flat bench dumbbell fly
2. At the bottom position of the exercise your hands should be parallel the trunk of your body. Raise and repeat. The elbows should be slightly bent throughout the whole movement and should not be altered from start to finish (imagine your arms wrapping around a large tree).
Press play to view an instructional video on how to properly perform the flat bench dumbbell fly.
Can't Find What Your Looking For? Try Searching
Includes a 12 week program with routine, diet, and tips - FREE - Click Here
Need more protein for breakfast? Try adding 3 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese to your scrambled eggs. This will add an extra 12 grams of protein!
You won't find us in google. Try using bing.com and type in "building muscle".
[?] Subscribe To This Site
Copyright © 2003 - 2010 - Building-Muscle101.com - All Rights Reserved
Site protected by copyscape | copysentry