Primary Muscle Group(s): Chest (Pectorals)
|Secondary Muscle Group(s): Shoulders (Front) and Triceps
1. Grab one handle with your left hand and than move over and grab the other handle with your right hand.
2. Stand in the centre and slightly bend your body forward.
3. Bend your arms slightly at the elbow and bring your hands together in front of your chest or hips. Whatever feels more comfortable.
4. Try to concentrate the action on the chest area.
5. Once you get to the bottom of the movement, it is very important for you to squeeze the handles together and hold for a half second.
Cable cross overs are primarily used as an isolation exercise. That is, this exercise directly targets the chest area for stimulation. Althouth the front shoulders and triceps are used, they are not used to the extent as the bench press does.
The sole purpose of this exercise is the squeeze the chest muscles together and contract as hard as possible. Therefore, perfect form must be used if you are to get the most from this exercise.
Try and keep constant tension on the chest muscles and really squeeze at the bottom portion of this movement.
Press play to view an instructional video on how to properly perform the cable cross over.
Let me review your program! Find out more here