8 Reasons Why Youre Not Building Muscle
Written by Trey "3" Armstong, owner and operator of: www.3StepMuscleBuilding.com
Building muscle, as I’ve stated before is not rocket science, but you do need to have certain things in place in order to build muscle at the fastest, most natural rate possible. Without doing some of these things, you’ll be severely cutting your gains and progress will be at a snail’s pace…
1) You’re focusing on too many isolation lifts. This one is a no-brainer. Big lifts equals big gains. The bigger multi-joint compound movements have been shown to elicit higher increases in growth hormone and testosterone output. Plus, they place a lot more physical demand on your body’s musculature and energy systems. This causes a much higher increase in insulin sensitivity, which means the more food you eat, the more of it will be assimilated and used for growth and repair.
2) You’re going to failure too much. Hitting failure during a lift is not a bad thing per se and I do encourage it from time to time. But you do need to know when to back off. It’s better that you leave 1-2 reps in the tank and lift more total volume in terms of weight as opposed to pushing it to failure for 1 set then having your strength tank for subsequent sets. Plus this will cut into recovery time, especially when doing the big lifts I just talked about.
3) Where’s the pre-workout shake man? Seriously, you must be downing some type of pre-workout shake before you hit the weights. In fact, I rather you down a pre-workout shake as opposed to a post-workout shake. Tipton et all in 2001 found that with a pre-workout amino acid shake increased protein synthesis by 200%. That’s a lot and something you don’t want to miss out on. I would consume some form of BCAA’s, whey hydrosolate or casein hydrosolate. Regular whey is just too slow digesting.
4) You’re not sleeping enough. Seriously, this is an obvious one but are you really getting enough sleep in order for the most amount of growth to occur? Plus, REM sleep is when your body releases the highest amounts of growth hormone.
5) Your body is too acidic. Basically, this is when you eat too many acidic foods, such as protein and not enough alkaline foods such as greens. Eat a ton of greens and veggies as much as possible to balance this out.
6) Your gut is inflamed. Gut inflammation is caused by a number of things, but one of them is the food we eat especially gluten. Gluten causes a host of problems for most people, which will wreak havoc on your muscle gains. Plus, when your gut is damaged and inflamed, this will hurt your digestive powers to extract of all of those nutrients from food.
7) You’re training program is crap. By this I mean you keep doing the same lifts for the same reps for the same weight day in and day out for months to years. How do you think your body is going to get bigger when you keep giving it the same stimulus? It’s not…Change it up dude. The only time this would be cool is if you’re cutting down to lose some belly fat before summer-time. Then I would understand because your sole focus should ONLY be to hold on to whatever muscle mass you have and maintain your lifts.
8) You’re overdoing the cardio. Cardio has it’s time and place but you need to limit it when trying to build muscle. Listen; if you want to keep up your cardio then you’re going to need a HECK of a lot more food in order to build muscle. Do you want to do that? If so, then be my guest. Oh and another thing about cardio is that it’s been shown to DECREASE your T-Levels…Do you want that happening…?
So now that you have these 8 tips or reasons that you MIGHT not be building as much as muscle as you wanted to in the fastest time frame possible…I want you to now go through this list one more time and make a note of what you are doing wrong. Once you do, FIX IT. NOW! Not tomorrow, not a week from now, not Monday, right now.
-Trey “3” Armstrong
About the Author:
As the world’s top muscle-building superhero, Trey “3” Armstrong helps guys transform form scrawny to superhero in just 12 weeks with his trademarked 3-Step Muscle Building System. For his exact muscle-building blueprint that will help you build a bigger chest, massive arms, a wide back, and powerful legs, visit www.3StepMuscleBuilding.com.
Find Out how 74 year old John S gained over 20 pounds of solid muscle while dropping 30 pounds of fat!
Includes a 12 week program with routine, diet, and tips - FREE - Click Here
[?] Subscribe To This Site
Copyright © 2003 - 2013 - Building-Muscle101.com - All Rights Reserved
Site protected by copyscape | copysentry